The life of the leather strap watch has not been represented by exact figures. In general, the life of a watch is related to whether the wearer correctly uses and maintains the watch. For example, wearing a watch to take a bath, the watch looks dirty, the length of the leather strap is not suitable, the use environment is bad, severe impact, etc., will make the watch easy to damage, shorten the service life. A good watch, if properly maintained, will still be shipped away after a few decades.
High-end watches should be repaired every two years or so, replace the waterproof components, check the travel performance and movement power consumption, clean and maintain the movement, and clean the appearance, etc., so that your sport love watch will not be retired early.
1. It is best to place the desiccant in the place where the watch is placed, but avoid using chemicals such as mothballs and insect repellents.
2. The use of the watch should not be in the environment of strong magnetic field, nor should it be subjected to strong impact. It should not be worn when swimming (the marked waterproof watch is no exception).
3. Do not pull the crown to the hands in a humid environment. Push the hands on the back of the hands to prevent rust from touching the watch, especially for gold-plated watches. People who are sweaty should pay more attention.
4. Do not open the back cover of the watch at will, so as to prevent dust from entering the movement and affecting the normal operation of the watch.
5. If the high-end mechanical watch is found to be faulty, it should be repaired in a professional store in time.
6. It is usually best not to wear the same watch every day. You should prepare several different watches to use alternately，such as sport silicone watch，mechanical business watch,leisure quartz watch,fashion canvas watch. In addition to enriching your personal style, you can also avoid dust and body dirt from being concentrated on the same watch.
7. For the leather strap watch, care should be taken to avoid frequent wear and tear on the strap, and avoid touching the water as much as possible to avoid the strap being hard, moldy and broken. Otherwise, even if the surface is new, the watch will look very old.